- Butter1 stick plus 6 tablespoons
- Brown Sugar (Firmly Packed)3/4 Cups
- Granulated Sugar1/2 Cups
- Vanilla1 Teaspoons
- All-purpose Flour1 1/2 Cups
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon1 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Quaker Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)3 Cups
- Dried Cherries1 Cups(chopped small)
- White Chocolate Chips1 Cups
This is an updated (and often requested by name) adaptation of the vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies from Quaker Oats! I promise you will be wanting more!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium until creamy
Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well
Add oats, then cherries and white chocolate chips
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or with a cookie scooper
Bake 8 to 10 minutes until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets then place on cooling racks.
If you wish to jazz it up a bit, add some orange zest. In the photo below you will see some with orange zest and some without.