- Flour (All Purpose)2 cups
- Baking powder1 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt1/4 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter1/2 cup (1 stick)Always use unsalted butter in baking because you have no way of knowing how much salt a manufacture has used in salted butter
- Sugar3/4 cup
- Eggs2 large
- Lemon Zest1 teaspoondon't let this keep you from making this recipe if you don't have any, but if you do, totally use it!
- Orange Extract1/2 teaspoon
- Cherries (dried)3/4 cup
- Chocolate Chips3/4 cup
- Chocolate candy melts to dunk your biscotti in when finished baking
This recipe has been adapted from one that was shared with me from a former neighbor. We loved her, she had a pet pig named Peaches. We also loved Peaches the piggy.
Sift the dry ingredients and set them aside
Take the wet ingredients and cream until fluffy, then add the dry ingredients.
After you have added the dry ingredients to the creamed wet ingredients, add the cherries and chocolate chips.
Create 2 loafs and pat smooth
Bake at 350 degrees (fahrenheit) for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 30 minutes and then slice on a diagonal. To slice, take a serrated knife and begin to slice back and forth and once into the loaf then push down. This should minimize it from falling apart. Then bake another 10 to 15 minutes. Dip in melted dark chocolate and place on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil.
The most difficult part of this recipe is baking it twice. It really is simple to make and once you make your own, you will be making them for everyone and kicking yourself for buying them from those fancy coffee shops.